10.08.2016

Milk and Honey - Rupi Kaur - Review


milk and honey
By rupi kaur
204 pages
Available at: IndieBound || Amazon.com || Barnes & Noble

Background - 'milk and honey' is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. About the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose. Deals with a different pain. Heals a different heartache. 'milk and honey' takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look

My Review -

I gave this book 5 stars. No doubt about it, this is one of the best poetry books I have ever read. As I was reading, I kept thinking - Rupi, you took the words right out of my emotions.  My favorites in particular order were the breaking, the loving, the healing and the hurting. I related a lot more to the breaking and the loving. The hurting was very deep, but the breaking was the best. Excerpts of my favorites from each section below -

The breaking -
Rupi Kaur - the breaking 1

The breaking 2
The Loving -

The loving 1
The loving 2
The healing -

the healing 1
the healing 2
The hurting -

the hurting 1
the hurting 2
Please get Rupi's book! It is AMAZING! It is GOLD! Also, feel free to pin these, I had fun making them :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment