8.19.2015

Food - Honey Almond Cream Cheese Spread


 Hi!! I'm going to be adding some calories to your system today.. so I apologize in advance :)

My youngest sister always seems to find the food deals going on and one of the most recent ones she introduced me to was the 13 bagels for $6.99 at Panera Bread that happens every Tuesday. So of course when Tuesday came rolling in, we got 13 bagels. When the bagels got home, we realized we forgot the cream cheese spread. Instead of driving all the way to Panera, as a DIY enthusiast, I decided to make our own Honey Walnut Cream Cheese Spread. I'm allergic to Walnuts, Hazelnuts and Pecans so I opted for Almonds - Marcona Almonds.

This is another easy recipe and it literally takes 5 mins, plus you know what's going into your spread.  I didn't want to make a lot because I knew we would finish it before the end of the week so I made half a portion.

 4 ounces Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp Raw Honey ( I used this)
1/2 tsp Unsulfured Pure Blackstrap Molasses (I used this)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
11/2 tsp Brown Sugar
1/4 cup chopped Marcona Almonds ( you can use any nuts you desire)
 Chop Marcona Almonds
Soften Cream Cheese ( leave out for about 10 mins, and if already softened... oops, next step)
 In a mixing bowl, pour all ingredients except the nuts, whip cream cheese and other ingredients  until they are fully incorporated
Once you are satisfied with the fluffiness, mix in the nuts and,  
Eat off the bowl :)
or transfer to a container ( I used a recycled jam/jelly jar)
 Refrigerate
 EAT EVERYDAY!!

Enjoy!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment