10.28.2014

Food - Baked Plantains

 
When I was younger, I was a monkey ( I promise). I ate bananas EVERYDAY and if I didn't get my banana for the day I was extremely sad and it felt like someone had stolen my invisible candy. My love for bananas also influenced my love for plantains. Back home, I ate plantains with everything. I ate them fried with rice, deep fried as snacks and sometimes as a base for stew and they were ALL soo damn good. Now I don't deep fry anything again.... because apparently, its really bad for your health, you get muffin tops and you wont be able to catch your breath as you are walking up the stairs to the second floor... So I'm sharing a healthier version of my "Fried" plantain. You can eat them alone as a snack or you can eat them with peanut butter.. I know.. its weird.. but I do it, and it tastes really good!
 
P.S this is the easiest recipe ever! seriously...
 
 
I used two plantains since it was only me :)
Peel the plantain as above
 
Slice it to your desired size... please do not cut your fingers.. this is not master chef!
Once sliced, in a bowl, sprinkle a little bit of salt and a tsp of extra virgin olive oil. Make sure to coat plantains throroughly.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 mins, or until golden brown on 325 degrees.
 
Ta-da! Now that wasnt so hard now was it ?
 
Guilt free snack! and it is soo good!!
 
 
 2 ripe plantains
Salt
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
 
 
Peel the plantain
Slice it to your desired size 
Sprinkle a little bit of salt and a tsp of extra virgin olive oil
Coat plantains throroughly
Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 25 mins, or until golden brown on 325 degrees.

Enjoy!

Dee
(images by Fine + Casual)


No comments:

Post a Comment